background

Friday, August 8, 2014

Stash Buster Challenge

The Crafty Scrapper, my favorite place on earth, is having a Stash Buster Challenge. I decided to play along since my stash overfloweth!  Everything I used has been sitting in my scraproom for 6 months to 5 years!  I started with a 5x7 canvas board that I bought months ago for some project I saw on-line that I just HAD to make.  Sad thing is, I don't remember now what the project was!  I then used my never before used Tim Holtz stencil I bought last Fall to make a background of holly.  I used a sponge dauber and Tim Holtz ink for the branches and leaves.  Then I used a thin coat of gesso to cover it all.  After that dried I used FIVE YEAR old red liquid pearls for the berries.

The rest was a matter of going through my Christmas leftovers box to complete the board.  The music page is an actual sheet of the Hallelujah Chorus from my college years copy of the Messiah!  We had 2 copies so I have been using one over the last several years for projects.  The Dec. 25 was adhered to a flat back facet with Diamond Glaze-I have been wanting to try that ever since "Tim" showed the technique on his blog years ago!  The little bottled tree with glitter was left from some of my craft show projects from last year. A little tinsel and sparkly snowflake add the bling I love.

That was fun!  A few pieces of my stash used and a bazillion to go!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE your project!! You sound just like me,,, I have a Christmas box too, and I was just digging around in it last week for a project. It amazes me what I have in there!! Thanks for playing along at The Crafty Scrapper for our Stash Busters Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful! What a great stash you must have.

    ReplyDelete