background

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Walk MS 2012 Fun

If you've followed my blog very long, you know that I have been living with multiple sclerosis for over 10 years and am very involved in raising funds for the annual Walk MS.  This year's Walk was held on Saturday morning and we couldn't have asked for more beautiful weather or company!
My sisters have joined me every year I have been in the Walk (this was our 10th)!  My younger sis, behind my mom, is always in the Top 20 for funds raised.  This is the first year my 85 year old Mom has joined us for the day.  The walk would be too hard on her so this year I had her use my manual wheelchair so she could be with us.  She had a lot of fun and was glad to be there. 

My team's name is Mighty Spirit because it takes the mighty spirit of God dwelling in me to face each day's challenges.   I am passionate about raising funds for the National MS Society because without their financial support, most of the drugs we have available to help manage this disease would not be in existence.  I also believe they will be instrumental in helping find a cure very soon.  I pray one is found before my youngest great-niece grows up!

My personal goal was to raise $1000 this year and I am a little over half-way there.  There's still time to donate and any amount counts!  If you would like to contribute, please do so HERE

1 comment:

  1. B~
    You look so happy with your family surrounding you. I'm glad the walk was a success! Your great niece is a beauty!
    Hugs!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete