background

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Inspired Stamps Favorite

This week the inspired stamps design team chose their favorite stamp set to create with.  I can tell you, it was not easy to narrow down all the choices to my favorite but I finally settled on Winter RuthNow, part of why I love her so much is I feel I had a tiny part in her creation-I had told Antoinette I would love a character stamp who could hold various objects in her hands.  Antoinette took that idea and created more than I could imagine!  Ruth is a larger character than the His Little Ones so she is so easy to color in.  She comes with 6 different items to place in her hands which makes her one of the most versatile stamps for several occasions.  For today's project I used the cross w/heart.  The set also includes 6 phrases to choose from.

For this project, I used up stuff  in my stash.  This was so easy to do since I had just reorganized all my embellies by color as Antoinette shared with us on her blog.  The pink canvas was left over from my craft show days last year and gave me the color to start with.  The tag on the bottom was stamped with 3 words from another of my fave inspired stamps' set-Perfect Christmas Sentiments.  As you can see, this is not a Christmas project at all but there are several words on this set that are great for all year.

I chose once again to cut away the tree and snow bank from Ruth and then added "wings" with 2 silver leaves I've had forever!  I really was pleased that I was able to use up "stuff" and create a cute project with my favorite Inspired Stamp in the process!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Belinda, your Winter Ruth card is lovely!! Love the sweet doily and the cute butterflies too. It's a great stamp set, which you had a part in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this set too! Wow, great idea for wings!! It was great working with you on the DT, keep up the great work, I'll see ya around:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is just beautiful Belinda! I really love the coloring and the canvas is brilliant! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belinda, I love how you thought of giving her wings. Very sweet, she is one of my favorites as well. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The doily is perfect and I love her wi G's, too.

    ReplyDelete