background

Monday, February 27, 2012

I'm Beloved

The Song
Remind Me Who I Am by Jason Gray and Jason Ingram

God's Word
John 3:16-18 The Message "This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life. God didn't go to all the trouble of sending his Son merely to point an accusing finger, telling the world how bad it was. He came to help, to put the world right again. Anyone who trusts in him is acquitted; anyone who refuses to trust him has long since been under the death sentence without knowing it. And why? Because of that person's failure to believe in the one-of-a-kind Son of God when introduced to him.

My Thoughts
This world gives each of us names and labels. People who don’t even know us will judge us by what they see. Names strangers may give me are Disabled, Overweight, Lazy or even Useless. They just see a woman in a powered wheelchair and assume that the sum of my life is disability. Because I am overweight, they may wrongly assume that I only use the chair because of my laziness not realizing that I can’t take one step under my own power because of spinal cord damage and multiple sclerosis. Some would consider me a useless individual because of my disability. Again, they would be wrong.

They do not know I have joy and strength from my Father and He allows me to serve Him through my artwork , my song and my writing. He has allowed me to reach and lead other women through paper crafts. He gives me the strength I need to be a wife and mother. He doesn’t see any of the negative things the world sees in me. If I were to listen to the world’s opinion of me, I could “lose my way” and become what they see. I could look “In the mirror (and) all I see, Is who I don’t wanna be”. But, my friend, I have a Heavenly Father who “reminds me who I am” and HE calls me Beloved!

He tells you “When (your) heart is like a stone, And (you’re) running far from home” that you are His Beloved. He calls you Competent when the world labels you Stupid. When a stranger sees Failure, your Father sees Success. He tells you in His light you will always be enough. He does not accuse you! “Lest you forget,” you are the One He Loves and you belong to Him!

Don’t let others label you. Don’t let the opinions of the world negate the knowledge of you that your Heavenly Father has. The scripture says He wants you to live a “whole and lasting life”. When you look in your mirror ask God to allow you to have His eyes, to see with His heart. Ask Him to “Tell (you) once again who (you are) to (Him). (To) Tell (you) lest (you) forget who (you are to Him).” You belong to Him, Beloved!

Your Response
Ask God to remind you who you are in His eyes. Thank Him that you do not have to conform to the world’s opinions.

I hope you will watch every second of this wonderful video. It really displays the truth of the words in an amazing way.


No comments:

Post a Comment