background

Sunday, January 1, 2012

He Has Overcome

Belinda Kersey on January 1, 2012

His Word
Revelation 12:11 "And they overcame him (Satan) because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their testimony, and they did not love their life even when faced with death."
 
The Song
Overcome by Desperation Band

My Thoughts
My anthem for 2012 is "I will overcome by the blood of the Lamb And the word of my testimony!" As I've thought over the triumphs and troubles of the last year, my mind is drawn to my precious group of scrapbooking friends that I have the privilege of leading at church.  We call ourselves the Scrap Divas and  there is a core group of around 6 of us that have been meeting together for over 3 years.  We have had others join us over the years and usually can count on 10 ladies to meet together and chat, scrap, eat, pray and have fun together on a monthly basis. I have grown to love each of them and know I can count on their prayers and support. 


This past year has been one with a vast breadth of emotions for our little group. There have been new births in many forms. Two first time grandmas were "born" in our circle. We have even had a grandma become a great-grandma!  A first time mom welcomed the arrival of a beautiful daughter and then endured a difficult time of seeing her with health issues and even surgery on her skull.  However, she was able to praise God when that precious baby recovered and healed with flying colors.  Today, she is a precocious, healthy, beautiful 1 year old! We have seen the joy of our "mother" church birth a new church plant.  One of our lady's is the new Pastor's wife and two of us have joined in the adventure of helping this new ministry flourish. 

We've overcome many health related issues in our families.  There have been at least 4 broken arms among 3 of our sons (you'll recall my son had 2 of those!).  Some of our Divas have had emergency room visits, hospital stays and health scares.  I can recall at least 2 young adult children involved in serious vehicle accidents but, praise the Lord, they emerged whole.  We have watched some ladies employ a healthy new lifestyle and triumphantly shrink before our eyes. 

Our group has its share of  children in the military and all that entails.  We've prayed over them and sent our handmade cards as encouragement to them.  One son's dream of serving the military was dashed because of a fluke of a medical mystery.  He returned home discouraged but not destroyed.  He is determined to find the path God intends for him.

We have celebrated the accomplishment of  high school graduations. We were in awe as one of our Divas graduated from college while raising 9 children and working a part time job!  Now she begins her pursuit of a Masters in counseling.  I would think raising 9 well adjusted, happy and healthy kids would already qualify her! One of her daughters has been a part of our Divas from the beginning and she became a teen this year!  Its a testimony to this young girl's spirit that she sticks with us even though we all share our motherly wisdom emphatically and often!


My sweet friends celebrated with me as I had my cards and crafts published for the first time.  They were so sweet and happy for me and I know without their love and encouragement I would have never felt confident in submitting my work.  They also prayed diligently with me through health issues of mine and my family's. 


There have been heart wrenching goodbyes this past year.  The greatest sorrow we shared as a group was losing  our dear, sweet friend Maria when she went to dance before the throne of God after a lifetime of pain and struggle. We watched her live out the entire scripture at the top of this page, including the last part.  Although we all miss her greatly, we know she is living the glorious, eternal life she was created for.  You can read my tribute to her amazing life HERE.


The one constant that has been with us throughout all of these moments of joy, pain, accomplishment, despair and just plain living our lives is that we maintain a solid faith in our Lord.  We encourage each other with the knowledge that He is "Seated above, enthroned in the Father's love"  and He is our "Savior, worthy of honor and glory, worthy of all our praise, (He) overcame (and He is) Jesus, awesome in power forever, awesome and great is (His) name."    My friends, every victory we celebrate belongs to Him and every trial we endure has been overcome by Him!  Stand firmly on this truth in 2012!

Your Response
Watch this video and determine in your heart that this is the year you will overcome!






No comments:

Post a Comment