background

Monday, August 8, 2011

Monday Musing-Healer

Belinda Kersey 1/07/10

God’s Word
"But He was wounded for our transgressions,
      He was bruised for our iniquities;
      The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
      And by His stripes we are healed. "  saiah 53:5

The Song
Healer by Michael Jon Guglielmucci

My Thoughts
It’s my prayer that the songs and the words I write and post each Monday allow you to find some comfort and peace .  I don’t know what storm has entered your life or is on your horizon.  I don’t know what pain you face each day.  I don’t know what grief you suffer.  I do know that the words I  share with you through this blog are not mere words, they are truth and they are hope!


Words can be so empty in the face of any trial.  How well I know that!  But, as Hans Christian Anderson said  “when words fail,  music speaks”.  Of course, I believe that only the most special music will speak the words our soul needs.  Only music that is scripture based and anointed by God will truly soothe our hearts and calm our storms.

That is why King Saul called for David to play his harp when his demons were keeping him from rest.  Even in Saul’s descent to madness, the Truth of God’s peace penetrated his troubled spirit  through David’s song. This week,  I want to leave you with the words from one of my favorite worship choruses. I believe even in its brevity that it sums up everything I have been saying through these posts. 

 “You hold my every moment. You calm my raging seas.  You walk with me through fire and heal all my disease. I trust in You, I trust in You.”  My friend. I hope the words I write and the scriptures and songs I share truly penetrate your heart and that you can say without a doubt that God holds every single second and all of the moments of your life.  I pray that your stormy seas are beginning to calm.  I ask the Father to let you feel His presence in the fires that surround you.  It’s my fervent desire that God will heal every disease that assails you.  But most of all I pray that you can trust God with your hurt and fear.  

I know our precious Father is more than enough for anything that you face.  I know that He prepares the portion of peace and comfort that you need to live every day.  Even on the days that you have to get through by facing them a moment at a time, my Father is more than enough for you.  

Jesus is all we need my dear one.  Jesus is all you will ever need whether you are living in want or in plenty.  Don’t let go of Him.  Hold on for all you are worth and declare to Him “nothing is impossible for You, nothing is impossible, nothing is impossible for You.  You hold my world in Your hands”.


Your Response
Say with me to the One who loves you most, “I believe You’re my Healer, I believe You are all I need.  I believe You’re my Portion.  I believe You’re more than enough for me.  Jesus You’re all I need”. 



No comments:

Post a Comment