background

Monday, August 1, 2011

Monday Musing-God's Truth

Belinda Kersey 9-17-08


God’s Word
Isaiah 53:5 “But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities;  the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.”


The Song
Voice of Truth by Casting Crowns


My Thoughts

The neurologist said with genuine sympathy, “I’m sorry, I really wanted to find a fixable reason that’s keeping you from walking.”  He went on to say that in my situation “lightening struck twice”.  He had reaffirmed through a recent spinal tap that I have multiple sclerosis and had reviewed my MRIs taken prior to and following the repair of my cervical spine that showed clear damage to my spinal cord.  

In other words, the multiple sclerosis was the lightening strike that knocked me down and made me weak and the cervical stenosis was the definitive strike that assured I would not walk again.   The two places that nerves do not regenerate are the brain and neck and the enemy, in his attack, made sure he struck both.

What the enemy did not take into account was even if he was allowed to take my ability to walk, he would never be able to take my ability to praise and serve the Almighty Creator of heaven and earth and Author of my life!  What the doctor did not take into account when he told me I would not walk again, was that my God has the final say and that same God has the power to raise me up from this chair at the very second He chooses.

Despite man’s pronouncements, I choose to listen to “the voice of truth” that says “do not be afraid”.   I have “the kind of faith it takes to climb out of this boat I'm in” because I know my Savior is standing on the water waiting to hold my hands.  The Lord gives me “the kind of strength it takes to stand before a giant with just a sling and a stone” and someday, when my Lord says the word, “I will soar with the wings of eagles”.  Because God’s word says we “wrestle not against flesh and blood”, I will choose to listen and believe the voice of truth!

I choose to believe God when He says “this is for my glory”. The only way the unbeliever will give Him glory is when there is definitive proof of a miraculous healing.  I now have medically-documented, definitive proof that says I have an incurable disease and irreversible nerve damage.   I could give in and focus on that knowledge but I know God has promised that “all things work together to the good for those who are the called according to His purposes.”  When God does His miraculous work in my body all glory, honor and power will belong to the Great Physician! And as long as I face my present circumstance, I will still give all glory to Him for my life.

Your Prayer
What has a doctor or other person pronounced over you?  Take some time to talk to God about it.  Ask for His will to be done.  Ask for Him to increase your faith in His power and to reveal to you His truth.  Determine in your heart and mind that you will not focus on the negative but you will focus on God’s word and His power.

1 comment: