background

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Sonoma Wooden Spool Picture Holder






I'm sorry this photo isn't better but this is such a small project I had some major problems trying to get a good one!  Are you tired of Sonoma papers yet?  I hope not!  They are so gorgeous and versatile.

I had a bunch of wooden spools from my mom and wanted to use them in my crafting.  This is a large thread spool.  It's about 2 1/2" high.  I was able to use small scraps from my Sonoma paper from Close To My Heart.  The sentiment is from the cut off border of one of the sheets of paper.  The butterfly is CTMH as well.  The "picture holder" on top is one of the new Foundry Pins from CTMH.  After punching a circle of paper to cover the top of the spool, I stacked 2 clear buttons in the center and then stuck a Foundry Pin through the holes and into the paper covering the spool hole.  I used Liquid Glass to adhere the buttons and a drop to secure the pin.

2 comments:

  1. You clever gal, you! What an adorable and practicle upcycled project! Definitely a trash-to-treasure idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I have a spool at home I got in a kit and was not sure what I could do with it. This is adorable and so smart.

    ReplyDelete