background

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Monkey Candy Box


I made this for a sweet little 8 yo boy I know who has just had surgery to remove a brain tumor.  Please say a prayer for him and his family.  Things do seem to be looking good at this point. 

I got the idea, to reuse this acetate box, from www.heart2heartchallenges.blogspot.com. They are having a reduce, reuse, recycle challenge this month.  This box began life as packaging for a roll of vinyl.  I wrapped it with 2 strips of CTMH paper from the Sophia and Caboodle collections. I edged the paper with our awesome Kraft Color Ready borders.  They are the most versatile and cost effective items we carry!  The monkey was cut with the Create A Critter cart with my Cricut using CTMH cardstock.  The sentiment stamp is from My Pink Stamper. I wrote his name with a CTMH marker on one of our Canvas buttons.  These can be stamped on as well.  Of course, I had to add some fun googly eyes from my stash!

Hope you'll think twice before you throw away packaging again!  I just keep a bin under a table to throw all my reusable packaging in.



4 comments:

  1. A wonderful recycling project, Belinda! I bet he loved it - thanks for joining us on H2H :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! What a thoughtful idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome idea, this is just adorable and so thoughtful. Thanks so much for sharing with us here at H2H!

    ReplyDelete