background

Friday, April 29, 2011

Butterfly Card-Brayer Technique

This sweet little card is for my mother's 84th birthday.  She absolutely loves purple so I knew that would be the prominent color.  However, I didn't have any purple paper and didn't want to buy more!  So naturally I turned to my Close To My Heart stamps, cardstock and brayer!  I started by inking the brayer with 3 shades of purple ink and then rolled it across a sheet of white daisy cardstock.  Then I used my Fill in the Blank stamp set dor the butterflies.  After cutting out the butterflies, I inked the edges for definition and added the pearls and gems in the center.

For the card base, I used a sheet of Colonial White cardstock and random stamped the flowers.  I also inked the edges.  The green center paper is from the Wings paper pack and is random stampoed with a tiny bud.  I punched out a circle and stamped the 1st sentiment and then cut out a rectangle for the 2nd. I used foam adhesive just in the center of the butterflies to give them some dimension.
Happy birthday Mom!

Close To MY Heart Supplies:
Colonial white and Daisy White cardstock
Pear paper from Wings
Pear, Amethyst, Gypsy and Hydrangea ink
Fill in the Blank Stamps

Sophia Stamps
Foam adhesive

Brayer
Circle Punch

other brand: rhinestone and pearls from my stash


1 comment:

  1. Totally beautiful card! I love that you "created" your paper. I know your mom will be so happy.

    ReplyDelete