background

Thursday, March 31, 2011

"Getting Sketchy With It" Card

The wonderful folks at www.heart2heartchallenges.blogspot.com have a sketch challenge this week.  Check it out and all the beautiful work posted.  Here's my slightly altered take on the sketch.
I started with a CTMH Gypsy Cardstock base.  For the circle feature, I traced a circle on the center of the card and used Liquid Glass from CTMH to glue down a circle of Baker's Twine (not sure of mfg.)  I then used CTMH ink in Gypsy and Sunshine Yellow to random stamp on a strip of White Daisy Cardstock.  The flower stamps are from the CTMH stamp set Tea Time.  The 2nd strip of paper is the backside of a patterned paper from CTMH's Sophia paper pack.  I again used Gypsy Ink and Tea Time stamps for the teapot and cup.  Both were stamped once on the small piece of cardstock and then re-stamped and cut out,  then popped up on the first images with foam adhesive tape.  I used a little jewel for the top of the teapot.  I also used the flower stamp to random stamp and added the "steam" using Grey Flannel ink.  I used a sponge to add a little bit of color to the background behind the cup and pot.  The sentiment was stamped on a scalloped circle of Sunshine Yellow Cardstock and then folded over the rectangle.  The flower and pearls are from my stash.  The card still needed a little sumpin' sumpin' so I "stitched" with my white gel pen and added a sprig of yellow Organza ribbon.  Done!





9 comments:

  1. I love the colors on your card. I used the same tea cup when I made my card for the challenge. I absolutely love that stamp set - tea pots and tea cups are a particular favorite of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I collect tea pots with a matching tea cup. This stamp set is one of my favorites. I am now in the mood for a little Gypsy paper crafting in my scrapbook. I don't use a lot of purple...but, you have inspired me. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! It is just sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!!! This has such a happy feeling to it :) Thanks for joining us at H2H :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a very pretty card!!! Love all the details. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, so cute! I love your take on the sketch. Thanks for sharing with us at H2H! *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you interpreted the sketch! Really lovely card, Belinda - thanks for playing along this week at H2H ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool idea to make your circle with the baker's twine!! Love your take on the sketh. Thanks for sharing it with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete