background

Monday, February 21, 2011

Monday Musing-A Change is Coming


Belinda Kersey  2007

God’s Word
“For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.” 2 Corinthians 4:17

My Thoughts
A friend in choir gave me a CD by Juanita Bynum.  I push the repeat button over and over on the song called "Change".  Let me tell you this song has truly renewed my mind.  My boys think I've gone crazy when I start singing it at the top of my lungs and add my husband’s name and job, my name and health, etc. in various parts of the song.  I urge you to try it sometime-it will build your faith!

The words are: "I'm so glad that troubles, won't last always.  I'm so glad my burdens won't last always.  You may be down today, but it won't last always.  I feel a change is on the way.  I'm so glad that struggles won't last always, I'm so glad that this pain won't last always.  When trouble comes your way, just lift your hands up and say I feel a change is on the way."   

You know Joseph had to hold onto a shred of hope that change was coming. He was sold into slavery by his brothers and sent to prison because of a lie.  I’m sure that there were times he believed that he would die in that dark, dank place but he held onto the hope in the God of his Father.  God had a plan all along and what a change came his way!  He saved a nation, he was reunited and reconciled to his family, and he saw his beloved Father once again.  He must have been incredibly thankful that he held on for the change that came his way.

Aren't you glad the struggles we live with won't last always?  I know I am.  Yes, my MS has been with my family since 2001, but you know what?  My Lord assures me it's not going to last always.  Knowing that, I know I can keep on going.  Paul said our troubles are light and temporary.  I know there are times we laugh at those words but that's when we are looking at them through earthly eyes.  Look at those words through the eternal eyes of Jesus and you will KNOW, that you KNOW, that you KNOW they are true!

Your Response
Say the words to the song out loud.  Insert your situation into the song.  For example, “I’m so glad _____________ won’t last always.”  Tell God you are ready for the change He is creating for you.

The Song
"Change" from "A Piece of My Passion" by Juanita Bynum
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3TS5cixkT0

No comments:

Post a Comment